October 18, 2012
From André Picard’s opening prescription for our health system – i.e. make a modernized and expanded primary care system the focus – through to the closing panel discussion on “The value of family health teams – What do we know today? How do we build from here?” over 800 people took part in Demonstrating and Celebrating the Value of Family Health Teams at the AFHTO 2012 Conference. In between it was most heartening to hear Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Deb Matthews announce to the assembled crowd, “The people who are celebrating FHTs are your patients – thank you.”
The value of the conference continues. Click on the links below to access:
- Slide presentations from the concurrent sessions
- Slides are posted on AFHTO members-only website. Each member FHT is assigned a username and password to enable their staff to enter this site. Please contact your FHT administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners of the AFHTO 2012 Bright Light Awards
- AFHTO Annual Report to the Members – October 2012
- Names and biographies of the AFHTO 2012-13 Board of Directors
- Application for CME credits for attending the AFHTO 2012 conference
Thank you again to the many volunteers who contributed to the success of the AFHTO 2012 Conference – speakers, working group members, program hosts, networking hosts, registration desk volunteers. Thank you as well to our sponsors and exhibitors. It’s truly an honour and pleasure to work with so many highly talented, enthusiastic and committed people across the FHT community.
We look forward to seeing you all at the AFHTO 2013 Conference. Planning will begin shortly; we expect to send out notice of date and place before end of December.
In the meantime, the AFHTO Office will be closed to October 19 – 23 to give AFHTO staff the chance to rest and re-fresh.