August 19, 2012
Four AFHTO members are profiled as “Examples of success” found in the 2012 Report on Ontario’s Health System from Health Quality Ontario, released today:
- Thames Valley FHT (Byron and Victoria Family Medical centres) for reducing waits for appointments and missed-appointment rates – page 59
- London FHT for improved outcomes for COPD patients – page 60
- Credit Valley FHT, also for improved outcomes for COPD patients – page 60
- Huron Community FHT for reduced cycle time for office visits – page 62
Congratulations to these 4 FHTs for this public recognition of their achievements. These are an example of the commitment displayed by all FHTs to quality improvement!
For a full copy of the 2012 Report on Ontario’s Health System, go to:
- English: http://www.ohqc.ca/pdfs/quality-monitor-2012-full-en.pdf
- French: http://www.ohqc.ca/pdfs/quality-monitor-2012-full-fr.pdf
- For a summary of findings about primary care in Ontario, see pages 10 and 11 of the Report.