Supporting high-quality interprofessional primary care
AFHTO members provide comprehensive primary health care to over 3 million patients. That’s nearly a quarter of all Ontarians.
Who can be an AFHTO member?
An organization is eligible to become an AFHTO member if it:
- Provides comprehensive primary care
- Is interprofessional and team-based
- Has an administrative structure/agreement that coordinates the relationship among team members
- Operates in and is primarily funded by the Province of Ontario
AFHTO’s membership includes Family Health Teams, Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics and other interprofessional primary care organizations.
Why belong to AFHTO?
The Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario (AFHTO) is the advocate, network and resource centre for interprofessional comprehensive primary care teams. AFHTO is led by, representative of, and accountable to all members.
Membership benefits include reduced rates for the annual AFHTO Conference and Community Health Ontario Group Insurance Plan (CHOGIP).
Membership runs from April 1st to March 31st of each year.
Submit your membership application:
- Download the AFHTO membership application form.
- Insert your budget information in the appropriate category. Membership fees are based on your budget allocation from the Ministry. The fee structure for the 2018 membership year is detailed below:
|Less than $1M
|| $2,100 per year
|$1M – $2M
|| $2,400 per year
|$2M – $3M
|| $3,100 per year
|$3M – $5M
||$3,800 per year
|$5 – $7M
|| $5,250 per year
|More than $7M
|| $6,300 per year
- Review and update your organization’s information (name, location, characteristics, and contacts).
- Complete the form online and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the completed invoice and application form and mail it to AFHTO with cheque payable to:
The Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario
60 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 800
Toronto, ON, M4T 1N5
- For your convenience, payment via Interac and electronic funds transfer* are also available. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
For more information, contact the Membership Engagement Team.
Phone: (647) 234-8605 ext. 200 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org