AFHTO members recognised in OCFP Awards
November 28, 2016
AFHTO congratulates physicians in our member family health teams who were recognized on Thursday, November 24, 2016 at the Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) 2016 President’s Installation and Awards Ceremony. These include outgoing president Dr. Sarah-Lynn Newberry of Marathon FHT and OCFP’s new president, Dr. Glenn Brown of Queen’s FHT.
Congratulations to all those recognized this year:
Dr. Merrilee Brown of North Durham FHT, named 2016 Reg. L Perkin Ontario Family Physician of the Year as well as Regional Family Physician of the Year.
Dr. Jeffrey Weissberger, Markham FHT, named Community Teacher of the Year
Regional Family Physicians of the Year
And the following Award of Excellence recipients:
- Dr. Firas Al-Dhaher, Central Lambton FHT
- Dr. Ragini Gina Agarwal, McMaster FHT
- Dr. Sean Blaine, STAR FHT and AFHTO Past President
- Dr. Andre Bedard, Barrie and Community FHT
- Dr. Allan Grill, Markham FHT and AFHTO Board member
- Dr. Doug Gruner, Bruyère Academic FHT
- Dr. Linda Lee, Centre for Family Medicine FHT
- Dr. Melanie Mar, Algonquin FHT
- Dr. Upender Mehan, Centre for Family Medicine FHT
- Dr. Pauline Pariser, Taddle Creek FHT
- Dr. Kevin Pottie, Bruyère Academic FHT
You can visit OCFP’s site for further details.