AFHTO “Bright Lights” Awards – nominations now open!
June 14, 2018
Calling all AFHTO Members- it’s time to shine a light on your team’s accomplishments.
Nominate an outstanding team or individual for a “Bright Lights” Award by July 20, 2018.
The “Bright Lights” Awards recognize leadership, outstanding work and significant progress being made to improve the value delivered by interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario. Select award recipients will receive an education grant.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND –Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2018 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held at lunchtime on October 24, 2018. This means it’s open to all attendees at the AFHTO 2018 Conference.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
Awards will be presented in seven categories this year:
- Mental health and addictions
- Healthy relationships, healthy teams*
- Expanding your reach*
- The “How to” stream
- Why hasn’t this expanded: scalable pilot programs*
- The future of the regional approach to healthcare
- Special recognition for underrepresented teams
- In 2016 Espanola & Area, Powassan & Area, City of Lakes, Great Northern, East End and Temagami FHTs won special recognition for collaboration across interprofessional teams to foster improvement. This year all new/underrepresented primary care teams will again have the opportunity to win an award for their contributions to Ontario’s healthcare system. The winner(s) will be selected based on the strength of their nomination to one of the six categories above.
Education grants will be given to award recipients in the categories* above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Merck Canada. Funding is being finalised for other categories, so stay tuned for further developments.
Shine a light on your team – Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg.2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 20, 2018.
- Submit supporting documents to email@example.com:
- One to four high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 24.
- NEW – take a video (up to 10 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed statement to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is July 27, 2018.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!