The most recent posts include:
· Ideas and resources for FHT planning
· The Progress of FHTs in Ontario, recently published in Annals of Family Medicine
· AFHTO Strategic Plan 2011-13 and FHT Survey Results
· Updated information on learning events
On our Members Only website, you’ll find new posts on the following pages:
· Members Only News: AFHTO’s notes from the March 11, 2011 ministry teleconferences on NP-SERT, and a copy of the ministry’s February 2011 FHT Newsletter
· Finance: information on applying for and using HST rebates
· Human Resources: learning modules on Progressive Discipline and Termination of Employment
· Health and Safety: learning modules on Respect in the Workplace and Investigations in the Workplace, and information on meeting the training requirements regarding Workplace Violence, link to resources from the Public Services Health & Safety Association
· Chronic Disease Prevention and Management: links from the Ontario Lung Association’s Respiratory Health Forum
· Improving Access to Care: a set of published articles on advanced access in academic family medicine settings
· Governance: a presentation on changes arising from the new Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, and a a generic template for practice-sharing agreements
To receive a username and password to enter the Members Only site, your FHT must become a member. Each member FHT shares one username and password among its board and staff members. If you’ve misplaced yours, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we’ll respond the next day.
Join AFHTO or renew your membership today
For more information, click here.
Why join AFHTO?
By joining the two-thirds of FHTs who are already members your FHT will:
· Strengthen the voice of all FHTs in Ontario
· Receive updates on issues and other information pertinent to FHTs
· Be invited to participate in consultation or problem-solving processes with the Ministry
· Have access to news and resources on AFHTO’s Members Only website
· Be able to register staff members for the AFHTO annual conference at a reduced rate
· Be able to vote for AFHTO’s board and on motions presented at the Annual General Meeting