Evidence of Value
Pharmacists Managing People with Diabetes in Primary Care: 10 Years of Experience at the Hamilton Family Health Team
October 11, 2017
Article published in the Canadian Journal of Diabetes (in press September 2017).
Currently known: Pharmacist interventions can have a positive impact on the clinical outcomes of patients who have diabetes. New information: Primary Care Family Health Teams can be an excellent setting for pharmacists interested in providing collaborative diabetes care and to practice to their full scope. This article describes the integration and experience of pharmacists, over a 10-year period, working alongside family physicians and their team.
- Antony Gagnon BPharm, DPH, PharmD, CDE, Hamilton FHT, McMaster University
- Margaret Jin BScPharm, PharmD, MSc, CDE, Hamilton FHT, McMaster University
- Mark Malak PharmD, Hamilton FHT
- Katalin Bednarowski BScPharm, CDE, Hamilton FHT
- Lucy Feng PharmD, CDE, BCGP, ACPR, Hamilton FHT
- Sophia Francis-Pringle PharmD, BCGP, BCACP, CDE, Hamilton FHT
- Sandy Lu BScPharm, PharmD, CDE, Hamilton FHT
- Anne Mallin RPh, BScPhm, PharmD, CDE, Hamilton FHT
- Dragana Skokovic-Sunjic BScPharm, NCMP, Hamilton FHT
- Annette Vedelago BScPharm, CDE, BCGP, Hamilton FHT
Click here for the full article.