AFHTO 2016 Conference: Join a working group to shape conference program by March 25
March 9, 2016
You can play an important role in shaping the conference by joining a working group today. Through your participation you will be among the first to learn about exciting developments in the field, influence the development of conference programming and discover the thought leaders in your chosen area. Working group members also earn a $50 discount off their registration fee.
Please pass this invitation along to your patients, colleagues and staff. Having a variety of voices, especially patients, in the working groups helps us build a diverse and relevant program.
Working groups are being set up for each of the seven concurrent streams and for the Bright Lights Awards program. The seven concurrent streams will focus on:
- Planning programs and fostering partnerships for healthier communities
- Optimizing access to interprofessional teams
- Strengthening collaboration within the interprofessional team
- Measuring performance to foster improvement in comprehensive care
- Coordinating care to create better transitions
- Leadership and governance in a changing environment
- Clinical innovations to address equity
(Click here for descriptions)
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort between April and May, specifically:
- April 4 to May 5: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- Week of April 4th working groups will have an initial teleconference to brainstorm ideas on specific topics and speakers to contact/encourage to submit a presentation abstract.
- May 6 to 24: each working group member individually reviews and scores presentation abstracts for their program.
- May 25 to 31: working groups will teleconference to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by March 25, 2016 to confirm participation and select your conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours of effort in July and August, specifically to individually review and score nominations followed by a group teleconference to determine the award winners. Sign up by March 25, 2016.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
- AFHTO members still receive a 50% discount on conference registration fees.
Conference key dates:
- April 4, 2016: Applications for concurrent session and poster abstracts open
- May 5, 2016: Deadline to submit concurrent session and poster abstract
- Late June 2016: Conference registration opens
- October 17 & 18, 2016: AFHTO 2016 Conference
For more information you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).