AFHTO “Bright Lights” Awards – nominations now open!
June 27, 2017
Calling all AFHTO Members to shine a light on your team’s accomplishments.
Nominate an outstanding team or individual for a “Bright Lights” Award by July 26, 2017.
The “Bright Lights” Awards recognize leadership, outstanding work and significant progress being made to improve the value delivered by interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario. Select award recipients will receive an education grant valued at $3,000.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
NEW FOR 2017 –Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2017 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held at lunchtime on October 25, 2017. This means it’s now open to all attendees at AFHTO 2017 Conference.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
Awards will be presented in seven categories this year:
- Effective leadership and governance for system transformation*
- Planning programs for equitable access to care
- Employing and empowering the patient and caregiver perspective
- Strengthening partnerships*
- Optimizing use of resource*s
- Using data to demonstrate value and improve quality of care*
- Clinical innovations for specific populations
Education grants will be given to award recipients in the categories* above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Merck Canada. Funding is being finalised for other categories, so stay tuned for further developments.
Shine a light on your team – Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg.3 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 26, 2017.
- Submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One to four high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 25.
- Signed statement to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos is August 11, 2017.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!