AFHTO 2017 Conference: Join to shape the conference program by April 7
March 28, 2017
Announcing the theme for the AFHTO 2017 Conference
Improving Primary Care Together
You can play a vital role in shaping the conference by joining a working group today. Through your participation you’ll be among the first to learn about exciting developments in the field, influence the development of conference programming and discover the thought leaders in your chosen area. Working group members also earn a $50 discount off their registration fee.
Please pass this invitation along to your patients, colleagues and staff. Having diverse voices, especially patients, in the working groups helps us build a varied and relevant program.
Working groups are being set up for each of the seven concurrent streams and for the Bright Lights Awards program. The seven concurrent streams will focus on:
- Effective leadership and governance for system transformation
- Planning programs for equitable access to care
- Employing and empowering the patient and caregiver perspective
- Strengthening partnerships
- Optimizing use of resources
- Using data to demonstrate value and improve quality of care
- Clinical innovations for specific populations
(Click here for descriptions)
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort between April and May, specifically:
- April 6 to May 8: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- Week of April 17th: working groups will have an initial teleconference to brainstorm ideas on specific topics and speakers to contact/encourage to submit a presentation abstract.
- May 9 to 23: each working group member individually reviews and scores presentation abstracts for their program.
- May 25 to 31: working groups will teleconference to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by April 7, 2017 to confirm participation and select your conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours of effort in July and August, specifically to individually review and score nominations followed by a group teleconference to determine the award winners. Sign up by April 7, 2017.
Volunteers will also be needed at the conference itself, for example at the registration desk. There may be other duties instead as we update our conference program but like other volunteers described above, onsite volunteers will receive discounted conference registration. Sign up today.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
- AFHTO members still receive a 50% discount on conference registration fees.
Conference key dates:
- April 6, 2017 Applications for concurrent session and poster abstracts open
- May 8, 2017 Deadline to submit concurrent session and poster abstract
- Late June 2017 Conference registration opens
- October 25 & 26, 2017 AFHTO 2017 Conference
For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).