AFHTO 2016 Conference: Tips for your arrival and stay
October 12, 2016
See below for important information about Toronto Blue Jays home games happening at the same time as the conference.
It’s now less than one week to the AFHTO 2016 Conference on October 17 & 18! We look forward to seeing you all as we welcome over 800 delegates from around the province.
To ensure a smooth experience, please see below for some helpful tips for planning your arrival and stay at the conference:
Planning your Conference Experience
- Today is the deadline to pick your sessions and ensure your personalized schedule will be printed on your name badge. Click on the “change or update your registration” link in your confirmation email to do so.
- The conference program is available online and a printed kit will be handed out on arrival.
- Displays at the Conference: Feel free to visit our poster and exhibit displays during your breaks.
- Wi-Fi will be available to conference attendees for 1 device per person (smartphone, tablet, computer or other electronic device).
- For information on our Concurrent Sessions, Opening and Closing Plenaries, Bright Lights Awards Dinner, and all other conference sessions click here .
Conference On-site Registration opens at 8:00 AM on both Oct. 17 and 18
- Conference registration is in Convention Centre North, Second Floor. For a map of the convention centre see page 4 of the registration kit.
- If you can no longer attend the conference and someone else is taking your place, please forward your registration confirmation e-mail to him/her to show it at the registration desk
Sharing your AFHTO experience
- The official AFHTO hashtag is #afhto2016 – be sure to follow @afhto on twitter and “like” AFHTO on Facebook for regular updates at the conference.
Hotel Registration & Directions
Note: Blue Jays play home playoff games on Monday, October 17 at 8:00pm and Tuesday, October 18, at 4:00pm. The conference winds up at 2:30, well in advance of the game, but traffic in the Toronto waterfront area is likely to be heavier. Allow for longer travel times, or perhaps plan to extend your stay by a few hours to enjoy the excitement!
Hotel room registration is in the main building.
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM.
- Coat and bag check will be available in the Convention Centre North, street level foyer at a cost of $3 per item.
- For anyone arriving early on Sunday, October 16: The Scotiabank marathon takes place in the morning so please be prepared for some traffic delays downtown.
- From Pearson:
- By Car:
- Public Transit:
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 7.5 Category II credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.
This program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario office for up to 16.25 Group Learning credits.