AFHTO 2015 Conference: Tips for your arrival and stay at the conference
October 21, 2015
It’s now one week to the AFHTO 2015 Conference on October 28 & 29! We look forward to seeing you all as we welcome close to 900 delegates from around the province.
To ensure a smooth experience, please see below for some helpful tips for planning your arrival and stay at the conference:
Planning your Conference Experience
- Today is the deadline to pick your sessions and ensure your personalized schedule will be printed on your name badge. Click on the “Edit/change registration” icon in your confirmation email to do so.
- The conference program is available online and a printed kit will be handed out on arrival.
- Displays at the Conference: Feel free to visit our poster and exhibit displays during your breaks.
- Wi-Fi will be available to conference attendees for 1 device per person (smartphone, tablet, computer or other electronic device).
- For information on our Concurrent Sessions, Opening and Closing Plenaries, Bright Lights Awards Dinner, and all other conference sessions click here .
Conference On-site Registration opens at 7:30 AM on both Oct. 28 and 29
- Conference registration is in Convention Centre North, Second Floor. For a map of the convention centre see page 3 of the registration kit.
- If you can no longer attend the conference and someone else is taking your place, please forward your registration confirmation e-mail to him/her to show it at the registration desk
Sharing your AFHTO experience
- The official AFHTO hashtag is #afhto2015 – be sure to follow @afhto on twitter and “like” AFHTO on Facebook for regular updates at the conference.
Hotel Registration & Directions
As you may have heard, there was a recent flooding at this venue. Westin staff have assured us that their meeting space was not affected and as such, the conference will proceed as scheduled. For those who have booked rooms, we’re working with hotel staff to minimise any potential disruption to your stay and we’ll be sure to provide further updates as soon as we receive them.
- Hotel room registration is in the main building.
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM.
- Coat and bag check will be available in the Convention Centre North, street level foyer
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 17 Mainpro-M1 credits.
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.5 Category II credits for Oct 27th Governance in Primary Care; 1.5 Category II credits for Oct 28th pre-conference (Leadership and IHP Sessions); 4 Category II credits for the Conference towards for their maintenance of certification requirement.