WIHI Podcast: Improving Patient Experience – What’s Working, What’s Not
Podcast available for live streaming – requires a free membership with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, or access archived podcasts at any time. See WIHI web page to access.
2:00pm - 3:00pm
WIHI is an exciting “talk show” program from IHI, originally envisioned by Don Berwick, MD, former President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (Currently President Emeritus and Senior Fellow at IHI). You can watch Don talk about WIHI in the video below.
WIHI is free, it’s timely, and it’s designed to help dedicated legions of health and health care improvers worldwide keep up with some of the freshest and most robust thinking and strategies for improving health and patient care. The quality improvement movement has reached a tipping point in terms of global reach, provider and payer consciousness, and bold new ideas for health care reform. The opportunity to influence and shape what fundamental change looks like has never been greater. We invite you to sharpen your thinking and add to the momentum for system redesign.
The issues may be complex, but the format of WIHI is simple. It’s 60 minutes, every other week. There’s a host, one or more carefully chosen guests, and you — with your questions and comments. All we ask is that you register for the program in advance. You can join the program live — via computer or telephone or both — or you can listen to or download an archived audio file for listening later.
Your host is IHI’s Madge Kaplan, who brings a wealth of experience to WIHI from her years reporting on health care for public radio. IHI’s Director of Communications since 2004, and the regular “voice” of the 100,000 Lives and 5 Million Lives Campaign conference calls, Madge is known for her ability to create a shared space for lively and enriching discussions.>
WIHI’s Upcoming Broadcasts: October 6 – November 17, 2016
OCTOBER 6, 2016, 2:00 PM ET: IMPROVING PATIENT EXPERIENCE – WHAT’S WORKING, WHAT’S NOT
- Martha Hayward, IHI Faculty and Patient Advisor
- Cody Mullen, Network Development Coordinator, Indiana Rural Health Association, Doctoral Candidate/Associate Instructor, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Robert Doherty, Senior Vice President, Governmental Affairs and Public Policy, American College of Physicians
- Cheri C. Wilson, MA, MHC, CPHQ, Public Speaker and Trainer – Diversity and Inclusion, Cultural and Linguistic Competence, Health Equity
OCTOBER 20, 2016, 2:00 PM ET: ENGAGING AND SUPPORTING FAMILY CAREGIVERS
- Jennifer Wolff, PhD, Associate Professor of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Meg Kabat, LCSW-C, CCM, National Director, Caregiver Support Program, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Rebecca A. Stametz, DEd, MPH, Sr. Director, Clinical Innovation, Geisinger Institute for Advanced Application
- Carol Levine, MA, Director, Families and Health Care Project, United Hospital Fund
- Christina Gunther Murphy, MBA, Executive Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
NOVEMBER 3, 2016, 2:00 PM ET: THE SYSTEM OF SAFETY HEALTH CARE NEEDS
- Carol Haraden, PhD, Vice President, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Allan Frankel, MD, Principal, Safe and Reliable Healthcare
NOVEMBER 17, 2016, 2:00 PM ET: HOW TO SPEAK UP FOR SAFETY
- Joanne Zee, B.Sc.PT, M.Sc., MCPA, Senior Clinical Director, Brain and Spinal Cord Rehab Program, Toronto Rehab, University Health Network
- Brenda Kenefick, Director, Lean Process Improvement, University Health Network
Previous WIHI Broadcasts
Information about past WIHI broadcasts, as well as their free recordings, can be found in the WIHI Archive.