The webinar series is a virtual learning experience that incorporates theory, techniques and tools to assist nurse leaders and other health-care professionals to focus and implement healthy work environment strategies through use of evidence-based practices.
The series includes bi-weekly webinars, taking place every other Tuesday, from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm, beginning on February 12, 2019 and culminating on April 23, 2019.
All module topics and dates:
- Module 1: Healthy Work Environment Theory & Framework:
February 12, 2019
- Module 2: Leadership & Professionalism:
February 26, 2019
- Module 3: Cultural Competency; 2SLGBTQI+:
March 12, 2019
- Module 4: Rising above bullying; Safety at work
March 26, 2019
- Module 5: Public Policy & Healthy Work Environments
April 9, 2019
- Module 6: Mental Health; Self Care; Conflict Management & Stress
April 23, 2019
Webinar series objectives:
- develop an individualized action plan to becoming an active leader
- apply management and prevention strategies to mitigate bullying and violence in the workplace
- optimize nurse, patient, organization outcomes through inter-professional collaborative practice
- apply theory into practice through case studies and shared resources
Items required to participate using Webex technology:
- room with computer with internet access and telephone connection for WebEx learning session
- telephone line for teleconference connection with hands free capability – meeting audio through teleconference line only access (no VOIP access)
- MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel on computer
- knowledge on using PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- ability to play videos on computer/desktop
Registration is limited to one person per registration fee. Registration fee covers the six sessions in the webinar series. Related materials for each session will be provided electronically prior to the session. For more information please contact Oliwia Klej at oklej@RNAO.ca.
Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted up to and including by February 1, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. EST, less an administration fee of $75.00. No cancellations will be refunded after this date, however attendee substitutions are acceptable at all times. RNAO reserves the right to cancel or reschedule this event. You will be notified of changes or cancellation and refund options.