Grounding Trauma 2014
May 7, 2014
May 7 & 8, 2014
Canada’s Premiere Trauma Conference
Hosted by CAST Canada
May 7 & 8, 2014 Main Conference
May 6 – Pre-Conference Sessions *
Alliston, Ontario, Canada ( just north of Toronto)
Details & Registration: www.cast-canada.ca
*Pre-conference ”Certified Trauma Integration Practitioner” with Lori Gill, M.A. Counselling Psychology, Psychotherapist. CEO, Attachment and Trauma Treatment Centre for Healing (ATTCH)
*Pre-Conference ”Becoming Trauma Informed for Organizations” with Bard Ward.
3 themes for 2014
- The Link Between Trauma and Addiction
- Trauma Informed Workplace and Community
- Music Therapy and Songwriting
- Trauma, Addiction, Economics and the Globe – How World Events Shape Personal Responses Dr. Rick Csiernik, BA, BSW, MSW, BSc (Psychology), PhD
- Trauma and Substance Use: The Unintended Consequences.
Pamela Stewart, MD CCFP, FRCPC, CAMH Staff Psychiatrist (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto)
- Various workshops on trauma informed addiction work.