Register by February 8, 2019 to secure your accommodations at the Hilton Hotel. After this date, a reservation at this hotel cannot be guaranteed.
Now with clinical and program planning streams. Learn more about the clinical stream
Program Planning Stream
This stream focuses on leadership capacity in wound care best practice guideline (BPG) implementation and evaluation (geared to those with managerial and leadership roles).
To reduce the physiological, psychological, and the fiscal burden of wounds throughout Ontario by building leadership capacity in wound care BPG implementation and evaluation.
- To enhance leadership in wound care BPG implementation and evaluation
- To provide mentorship regarding the development of business/program planning; policies; and surveillance in all sectors of health care in Ontario
- To build a foundation of innovation, allowing each individual participant to identify strategies for successful implementation of wound care BPGs in their workplaces
- To build an awareness of the ‘metrics’ and ‘surveillance’ of wound care assessment and management
- To learn how to apply principles of project management for guideline implementation within the workplace
- opportunities for interaction with faculty and other participants from across the continuum of care
- inclusion of current evidence to support practice
- integration of supervised practice leading to skill development
- interactive learning experience
- knowledge transfer and changing nursing practice
- leadership project management
Course cost includes:
- workbook and materials
- hotel accommodation
- all meals (please note arrival/registration day is a free evening – no dinner will be arranged. Program officially starts on Wednesday morning).
Please do not contact the Hilton to arrange for a hotel room. This will be booked on your behalf when you register.
If you have questions about the program, please email Lauren Nickol, event planner.