Advanced Training in Managing OCD
Saturday, October 15 & Sunday October 16, 2016 | Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4, 2016
Frederick W. Thompson Anxiety Disorders Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Avenue
The Frederick W. Thompson Anxiety Disorders Centre is developing long lasting partnerships with clinicians interested in treating OCD. As part of this partnership, we are offering exclusive and intensive training through an accredited and highly subsidized University of Toronto certificate course. This certificate course is aimed at building your capacity to effectively and confidently care for patients with OCD.
We will be selecting a small cohort of clinicians to participate in training, including comprehensive workshops (across 2 weekends) and extensive small group supervision (over 6 months). The course will foster expertise in the assessment and diagnosis of patients with OCD, and the formulation of biopsychosocial management plans. You will learn to deliver effective evidence-based psychopharmacologic treatment; to provide a course of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) specific to OCD; and to address related family and workplace issues. Upon completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to be recognized as a preferred partner with ongoing opportunities for specialized education, supervision and support.
By attending this course, participants will learn to:
- Assess and confidently diagnose Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Related Disorders
- Prescribe first-line evidence-based medication and have extensive knowledge of second-line options for patients
- Deliver specialized CBT for a range of different OCD presentations
- Peggy M.A. Richter, MD, FRCPC
- Neil A. Rector, Ph.D., C.Psych.
- Steven Selchen, MD, MSt, FRCPC
- Lance Hawley, Ph.D., C.Psych.
- Eliza Burroughs, M.C., R.P.
This Unique Course Consists of:
- Two comprehensive pharmacotherapy and CBT workshops on the weekends of October 15th & 16th and December 3rd & 4th 2016
- Six evenings (6 – 9:15 PM) of monthly small group supervision January – June 2017
- Optional individual phone supervision FREE to course registrants
- Up to 12 sessions of clinical case supervision over a 6 month period with a flexible start date
- Must be initiated within 1 year of course completion
The Skills You Will Acquire Include:
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Diagnose OCD and Related Disorders
- Identify and formulate treatments for a range of different OCD presentations
- Deliver different models of psychoeducation personalized to the patients’ need
- Biological Treatment
- Knowledgeably describe and prescribe first and second line pharmacology
- Learn augmentation strategies for less responsive patients
- Identify when alternative biological treatment options may be necessary and be familiar with these treatment options for highly refractory cases
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Implement Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Integrate cognitive therapy strategies with ERP treatment regimen
- Know how and when to combine pharmacotherapy and CBT
The heavily subsidized cost per person is only $995.00.
Space limited for 12 MD participants.