DDO Health Law – 2016 Legal Issues for Family Health Teams Teleconferences
One teleconference per month in 2016
12:00pm - 1:00pm
In January 2016, DDO Health Law is relaunching their monthly call-in program to discuss legal issues facing family health teams. These calls are for Executive Directors, Lead Physicians and human resources personnel.
What do you get?
- You will continue to hear from legal experts who understand FHTs (and your relationship with your family health organizations/family health networks)
- You get 10 monthly calls on the latest legal topics and trends affecting FHTs
- You will have a chance to ask questions and share stories with your FHT colleagues
- Your FHT will receive a 10% discount on all in-service training by DDO Health Law in 2016
- You can be added to our email list to receive legal updates as they happen
- The calls are exclusively for FHTs – so you know you are getting information relevant to your day-to-day work
What are the topics?
- January 7 – Managing an older workforce/dealing with employees past retirement age
- February 4 – Providing services to kids and youth
- March 3 – Providing services to the elderly
- April 7 – Pros and cons of becoming a charity
- May 5– Privacy updates (including managing staff who are also patients)
- June 2 – Emergency preparedness
- September 8 – Managing difficult situations involving patients and families
- October 6 – Investigating complaints against physicians who are not employees
- November 3 – Mental health 101
- December 1 – Social media and the law
Monthly calls will be scheduled over the lunch hour from 12pm – 1pm on Thursdays. There are no calls scheduled for July or August.
- These lunchtime webinar series are extremely relevant and enable me to learn and apply practical HR and legal information on a daily basis. Andrea Petroff, Executive Director, West Durham FHT.
- This series provides excellent practical advice. Our Lead Physician and I attended the series. Great! Diana Noel, Executive Director Village FHT.
- These sessions are fabulous. DDO offers very relevant and timely advice. The presenters have a clear understanding of FHT issues and structure the sessions accordingly. We can learn from the comfort of our own office in one quick hour per month… Participation in the monthly teleconference has been a very effective use of my time and resources. Money well spent! Lorri Lowe, Executive Director, Maitland Valley FHT.
- We are a small FHT and do not have a human resource manager. The teleconference has given us very valuable information for day-to-day operations related specifically to FHTs. These teleconferences have been worth the money and I would recommend the sessions to other FHTs. Ann Brabender, Administrative Lead, Bluewater Area FHT
What is the cost?
Early bird fee of this program is $500 + HST per FHT if you pay on or before December 23rd 2015 (regular price $600 + HST). You can have as many people from your FHT and affiliated FHOs/FHNs on each call. The fee is per FHT. Some calls will appeal to you as the Executive Director and other calls will appeal to your Lead Physician(s) or human resource lead or other administrative staff. Just let us know in advance who you would like to have access to each call.
How do I sign up?
Please complete the Registration Form (click here) and either fax it or scan and email it back to Franca Latino. We will send you all the call-in information in advance of each call.
About DDO Health Law
As you know, we are a health law firm. We work with FHTs and other health care organizations across Ontario. I have also attached a description of the services we offer to FHTs.
Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues and with other FHTs.