October 16, 2012
Tuesday, October 16 and Wednesday, October 17 at the Hilton Toronto, 145 Richmond Street
Demonstrating and Celebrating the Value of Family Health Teams
With over 650 participants registered for each day, AFHTO Conference registration is now closed.
When you arrive at the conference:
- Registration opens at 7:30 AM on both October 16 & 17
- Breakfast will be served from 7:30 AM until 9:00 AM
- October 16: Coffee, tea and juice served with a choice of muffin and fruit salad, or yogurt and bircher muesli
- October 17: Coffee, tea and juice served with a buffet of sliced fresh fruit, farm fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, chicken apple sausage, home-fried new potatoes, bread, butter, breakfast preserves, marmalade and honey
- The first sessions for the day will begin by 8:45 AM.
Click on the following links for more conference details:
- Overall conference program
- Concurrent sessions listed by theme or by time slot
- Frequently asked questions on the conference program, policies and registration
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario chapter for up to 11 Mainpro-M1 credits.
- One of Canada’s top health policy observers and commentators, André Picard, opens the conference to stimulate creative thinking about the value of FHTs.
- Eighty-four concurrent sessions and over 40 posters in eleven thematic streams will inform you on emerging developments in Ontario’s health system and help you learn what FHTs are doing to improve the value they deliver.
- At the end, a panel of health system leaders will draw conclusions and explore ideas for the future of FHTs.
- A new “Profession-based Program” has been added to the final afternoon to give you the opportunity to learn and network with others in your profession who work in the FHT environment.
- FHT leaders — board chairs, lead physicians and executive directors – and LHIN representatives will meet to discuss and strategize about needs and issues specific to integration in their specific LHIN.