AFHTO “Bright Lights” Awards
June 14, 2018
2018 “Bright Lights” Awards
The “Bright Lights” Awards recognize leadership, outstanding work and significant progress being made to improve the value delivered by interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario. Select award recipients will also receive an education grant.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2018 Conference Awards Ceremony on October 24, 2018.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this 2016 webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
For a program, initiative or individual to be eligible for a Bright Lights award, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- For programs or initiatives- these must be undertaken by an AFHTO member. If the nomination involves a team’s partners, the work must either be led by an AFHTO member or they otherwise play an integral role.
- For individuals- they must be staff or affiliated with an AFHTO member and the nomination must be for work they’ve performed in their capacity as such. Please note- education grants will be paid to the team rather than an individual.
Seven awards in seven categories will be presented this year:
- Mental health and addictions
- Healthy relationships, healthy teams*
- Expanding your reach*
- The “How to” stream*
- Why hasn’t this expanded: scalable pilot programs*
- The future of the regional approach to healthcare
- Special recognition for underrepresented teams
- In 2016 Espanola & Area, Powassan & Area, City of Lakes, Great Northern, East End and Temagami FHTs won special recognition for collaboration across interprofessional teams to foster improvement. This year all new/underrepresented primary care teams will again have the opportunity to win an award for their contributions to Ontario’s healthcare system. The winner(s) will be selected based on the strength of their nomination to one of the six categories above.
Education grants will be given to award recipients in the categories* above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Merck Canada and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Shine a light on your team – Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 20, 2018.
- Submit supporting documents to email@example.com:
- 1-4 high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 24th
- NEW – take a video (up to 10 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed statement of attestation to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is July 27, 2018.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!
Past Award Winners
Congratulations again to all the past winners of our “Bright Lights” Awards! To learn more about past “Bright Lights” Awards winners and their accomplishments, please visit the links below: