AFHTO “Bright Lights” Awards
June 27, 2017
2017 “Bright Lights” Awards
The “Bright Lights” Awards recognize leadership, outstanding work and significant progress being made to improve the value delivered by interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario. Select award recipients will receive an education grant valued at $3,000.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2017 Conference Awards Ceremony on October 25, 2017.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
For a program, initiative or individual to be eligible for a Bright Lights award, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- For programs or initiatives- these must be undertaken by an AFHTO member. If the nomination involves a team’s partners, the work must either be led by an AFHTO member or they otherwise play an integral role.
- For individuals- they must be staff or affiliated with an AFHTO member and the nomination must be for work they’ve performed in their capacity as such. Please note- education grants will be paid to the team rather than an individual.
Seven awards in seven categories will be presented this year:
- Effective leadership and governance for system transformation*
- Planning programs for equitable access to care
- Employing and empowering the patient and caregiver perspective
- Strengthening partnerships*
- Optimizing use of resources*
- Using data to demonstrate value and improve quality of care*
- Clinical innovations for specific populations
Education grants will be given to award recipients in the categories* above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Merck Canada. Funding is being finalised for other categories, so stay tuned for further developments.
Shine a light on your team – Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 26, 2017.
- Submit supporting documents to email@example.com:
- One to four high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 25.
- Signed statement to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos is August 11, 2017.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!
Past Award Winners
Congratulations again to all the past winners of our “Bright Lights” Awards! To learn more about past “Bright Lights” Awards winners and their accomplishments, please visit the links below: