AB6 Leadership at the Front Lines: Engaging Hearts and Minds to Coordinate Care for the People of Huron Perth
June 14, 2016
Theme 6. Leadership and governance in a changing environment
- Date: 10/17/2016
- Concurrent Session A & B
- Time: 2:30pm – 4:15pm
- Room: Marine
- Style: Workshop (session is structure for interaction and/or hands-on learning opportunities)
- Focus: Balance between both (e.g. Presentation of a best-practice guideline that combines research evidence, policy issues and practical steps for implementation)
- Target Audience: Leadership (ED, clinical lead, board chair, board member, etc.), Clinical providers, Administrative staff, Representatives of stakeholder/partner organizations
Participants will learn the principles of distributed leadership, understand how the principles can be implemented through case examples and stories, explore how to implement the principles in their work setting to drive more seamless, patient centred care across organizations.
Come learn how leaders in Huron Perth developed themselves as leaders and then engaged others across the region to produce the following stellar results: a 12 fold increase in # of CCP’s; drop in ED visits; increase in collaborative relationships across organizations; increase in the number of providers involved in CCP’s; increase in types of organizations initiating CCP’s; successfully engaging previously resistant physicians and other hcp’s in initiating CCP’s; improved patient and provider experiences; changes in language that indicate a shift to more collaborative, patient centred care.
- Penny Paucha, A., Leadership Coach, Principal, Instincts at Work
- Mary Atkinson, RN, B.Sc., MBA, CHE, Executive Director, North Perth Family Health Team
- Shannon Natuik, Family Physician, Maitland Valley FHT
- Janet Obre, Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Mental Health, Addictions, Complex Frail Elderly, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance