Social Worker (Term) – Thames Valley FHT (Woodstock)
February 11, 2019
Woodstock, 1.0 FTE, Maternity Leave Contract
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London/Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 158,000 patients.
The Social Worker provides assessment and ongoing treatment and management of biopsychosocial aspects of health and well-being for identified patients rostered to the physicians of the Thames Valley Family Health Team (TVFHT). The Social Worker participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs to meet the needs of the TVFHT patient population. Working in collaboration with an Inter-professional Healthcare Provider (IHP) team, the Social Worker assists health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management across a patient’s lifespan.
- Masters in Social Work (MSW) from a recognized university or an equivalent program
- Current certification with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum 3-5 years counseling/therapy experience in a primary care setting preferred
- Proficient in assessment, psychotherapy and psychosocial counseling techniques for working with individuals and families
- Ability to meet site-specific requirements
- Must be knowledgeable of the relevant legislation that will pertain to a variety of populations
- Ability to travel between TVFHT sites when required
- Experience related to the delivery of efficient primary care, including the ability to share information and teach
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of social work in primary care settings, with an emphasis on chronic disease management, health promotion and risk reduction
- Knowledge of relevant health care legislation and community mental health resources
- Understanding of social determinants of health and their impact on health and well-being
- Strong leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Experience in the use of an EMR and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4 p.m.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our Family Health Team, however only those candidates selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted.