Respiratory Therapist (Term) – Great Northern FHT (New Liskeard)
November 29, 2018
Respiratory Therapist to fill Maternity Leave
Family Health Teams are an important part of the health care system and the way people think about health care. We focus on preventing illness and promoting health. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Great Northern Family Health Team, the Respiratory Therapist will be accountable to the Great Northern, Temagami and Englehart Family Health Teams.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Respiratory Therapist who will play a vital role in meeting objectives through programming, education and facilitation. The Respiratory Therapist will offer comprehensive respiratory therapy education and counseling activities including health promotion and education as per scope of practice. As we assess community needs while implementing programming, flexibility will be required.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Certified Respiratory Educator
- Basic CPR certification
- TEACH certification an asset
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Evidence of Liability Insurance
- Fluency in English and French will be an asset
- Knowledge of information and techniques used to treat cardiopulmonary disorders, including symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative care measures;
- Knowledge and proficiency to develop and conduct educational programs for learners, and experience in evaluation of learning activities specific to individual performance;
- Experience in the area of chronic disease management and adult education;
- Willingness to teach and train other members of the interdisciplinary team or students as required;
- Demonstrated experience in community or primary care setting;
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management, both with clients and colleagues;
- Proven organizational, observational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong clinical thinking and problem solving skills; and
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer hardware and software.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume with three work related references by mail or by fax no later than December 31, 2018
Great Northern Family Health Team
240 Shepherdson Road, Unit 2
New Liskeard, Ontario P0J 1P0
Fax (705) 628-2064
Attention: Shirley Watchorn, Executive Director
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants under consideration will be contacted.