Respiratory Therapist (PT) – Dufferin Area FHT (Bolton)
January 24, 2019
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity at our new Bolton office for a part-time Respiratory Therapist (18.75 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team.
- Skillful in performing diagnostic procedures, including office spirometry, to assess the severity of respiratory dysfunction in patients with cardiopulmonary disorders
- Able to provide respiratory care involving the application of well-defined therapeutic techniques
- Knowledgeable in assessing patients’ response to treatments and able to consult with physicians and other health care staff to help develop and modify individual patient care plans
- Knowledgeable of and able to educate patients on treatment procedures and best practices, and teach patients how to use medications and respiratory equipment at home
- Willing to provide therapeutic and preventative assessments, smoking cessation counselling and education to individuals and groups
We are looking for someone with …
- Accreditation from a Respiratory Therapy program
- Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- 3-5 years’ clinical experience working with patients conducting spirometry, lung health assessment, management, treatment and education, the development and delivery of health education and promotion programs in an inter-professional primary care setting
- Knowledge of information and techniques used to treat cardiopulmonary disorders, including symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative care measures
- Demonstrated experience in community or primary care setting
- Basic CPR certification
- Current Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Certified Respiratory Educator (CRE) is an asset
- Experience in Smoking Cessation is an asset.
Come join our team – as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Angie Cutt at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2019.