Registered Practical Nurse (PT) – Southlake Academic FHT (Newmarket)
June 6, 2018
Registered Practical Nurse, 3 days per week
The Southlake Academic Family Health Team is seeking a RPN to join our organization. The incumbent will primarily tasked with leading our Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients (STOP) program, but will also provide comprehensive primary care services within the full RPN scope of practice. This position may be required to travel to any of our satellite clinics (Bradford, Mount Albert, Aurora) and will be required to work a minimum of one evening or Saturday morning per week.
- Deliver individual and group smoking cessation encounters using CAMH’s Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients (STOP) Program
- Liquid Nitrogen treatments including warts and skin tags
- Ear irrigation
- Monitoring vital signs including blood pressure, HR, O2
- Communication with patients both in person and telephonically
- Administration of patient vaccinations
- Suture removal
- Promoting of quality improvement initiatives which enhance care delivery processes and patient outcomes within the FHT
- Supporting inter-disciplinary learners as they rotate through the clinic and related research activities
- Other clinical duties as required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing Experience working in a primary care setting, preferably an academic setting
- Previous clinical experience in a primary care setting or Family Health Team is preferred
- CAMH’s Training Enhancement in Applied Cessation Counselling and Health project training is preferred. If the incumbent does not have this training, successful completion of the training will be required.
- Experience with venipuncture is preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Southlake Academic Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.