Registered Nurses (RNs) – Jane Finch FHT (Toronto)
October 25, 2017
Employer: Jane Finch Family Health Team
Position: Registered Nurses (RNs)
Salary: Approximately $66,000.00
Benefits: NO —— Maternity Leave Position
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nursing of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Current NRP and BCLS certification
- Certification in Pediatric Emergency Nursing or equivalent
- Demonstrated current knowledge of assessment and management in a broad range of disease processes related to infants, children and youth; i.e. critically ill, injured, episodic and non-urgent patients
- Demonstrated knowledge of pediatric growth and development from neonate to teenager, family-centred care, family roles and structure, pain management and death and dying
- Demonstrated current knowledge of and experience in vascular access, cardiorespiratory monitoring, medication administration in pediatrics
- Demonstrated ability to provide health teaching and promotion and knowledge of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams, both in the hospital and in the community
- Demonstrated culturally sensitive approach and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability and organizational skills and ongoing professional development .
- PALS, ENPC optional
Roles and Responsibilities
Your duties to provide services at our direction include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Triage patients in rooms for physicians
- Taking brief history and physical examination as required.
- Knowledge of current vaccinations schedules, and administration of vaccinations
- Manage and maintain Adult immunization program.
- Manage and maintain Hepatitis B screening program.
- Attend if requested, outreach to Isolated Women’s program.
- Train future RN’s or RPN’s as required to assist in of patients.
- Assure staffs are aware when immunizations require re-ordering.
- Maintain exam room supplies and proper readiness.
- Prepare rooms for various procedures; restock equipment used for procedures
All enquiries ONLY to be sent to: