Registered Nurse (PT) – Haldimand FHT (Hagarsville)
January 22, 2019
Haldimand Family Health Team Employment Opportunity
Registered Nurse (RN) 0.6 FTE
An exciting opportunity is now available for Registered Nurse(s) to work as a member of The Haldimand Family Health Team, serving approximately 19,000 patients in Caledonia, Hagersville and Dunnville areas.
Operating within their full scope of practice, the RN will work co-operatively in a patient-centred model with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team in the promotion of patient health and the prevention of disease.
This position will require working at more than one site and a reliable vehicle is required.
See attached job description for position details (PDF)
- Current and in good standing registration with College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Current evidence of RNAO membership required
- Preference given to those with at least 3 – 5 years experience as a RN working under medical directives. While experience in community and/or primary care setting is preferred, an orientation to primary care will be provided.
- Knowledge and prior use of OTN network would be an asset.
- Priority will be given to applicants with previous experience in developing and delivering health education and other programs that assist, promote and support patients or communities as they strive to achieve the highest possible level of health.
- Ability to function independently and in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary health care team.
- Self-directed individual with strong clinical, organizational, interpersonal, assessment and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of an EMR system, OSCAR preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Must have own vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter no later than February 10th, 2019 by one of the following ways:
Mail: Haldimand Family Health Team. 75 Parkview Road, Suite 7. Hagersville. ON. N0A 1H0 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
The Haldimand Family Health Team is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.