Registered Nurse Primary Care- North York FHT (North York)
January 3, 2019
Registered Nurse Primary Care – 1.0 Full-Time, Permanent Position
Reporting To: Clinical Manager
The Registered Nurse (RN) will uphold the Mission and Vision of the North York Family Health Team and provide nursing services that are accessible, patient-centered, and utilize best practices to improve the health of the population. Specifically, the RN will provide primary care to patients and families of a family physician(s) offices to promote, maintain and enhance patient’s health and quality of life.
- Conduct history taking and physical assessments, consult and collaborate with physicians and allied health professionals, initiate and implement interventions and care plans, make referrals to NYFHT programs and services, and provide appropriate follow-up and evaluation.
- Conduct preventative screening, chronic disease management, and health promotion activities based on clinical and best practice guidelines to positively impact health behaviours and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships by acting as a point of contact and care navigator for patients and families, as well as enhancing the patient experience
- Provides care for patients throughout the lifespan i.e. perinatal, prenatal, infant, child/teen, and elder care.
- Perform wellness checks, well-baby visits, immunization updates and other injections as required.
- Acts as a resource to NYFHT members, as well as community and partner agencies
- Supports the education, training, and professional development needs of team members
- Participates in and supports quality improvement initiatives, research, and program development in alignment with NYFHT’s Strategic Plan
- Engages in continuous learning and professional development opportunities
- BScN required.
- Current and in good standing certification as an RN with the CNO.
- Preference given to those with at least 2 years experience in a primary health care setting and/or Emergency/Urgent Care
- Ability to practice independently with proven organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability working in interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated computer literacy and experience with EMRs.
- Current CPR— HCP certification.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
If interested, please apply to the attention of Human Resources by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The North York Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.