Registered Nurse (Full Time) | Queen Square FHT (Brampton)
June 27, 2018
||Registered Nurse (RN)
||Permanent Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
||Community – Family Health Team
||Open until filled
|Anticipated start date:
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
Operating within his/her full scope of practice, the RN will support patient care and the delivery of programs including chronic disease management, by focusing on the identification, provision and management of resources and self-management strategies to improve patient health. The RN will provide immunizations, injections, wart treatments, wound dressing, suture removal, will support patients in treating minor episodic illnesses, minor injuries and stabilized chronic illnesses. The RN will also assume a role in the development, implementation and evaluation of chronic disease prevention and management programs including education, counseling and self-management.
- Assesses patient health care needs (physical, emotional, psychological, mental)
- Observes and records vital and biometric measurements as well as outcomes
- Triages patients according to acuity
- Provides nursing care and treatment (including complementary therapies and/or counseling) for health problems
- Coordinates appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures in consultation with family physicians or in accordance with medical directives
- Works collaboratively with the nursing team as well as other teams to develop, monitor and evaluate primary care and chronic disease management services
- Develops & delivers health education and other activities that assist, promote and support patients or communities as they strive to achieve the highest possible level of health
- Ensures adequate supplies and equipment are available for daily patient care and emergency situations
- Ensures immunization inventory is monitored and ordered regularly
- Communicates with Public Health and appropriately relays important messaging and ensures proper protocols are in place
- Assists in coordinating communications and referrals with the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) as well as other community resources where appropriate
- Identifies and evaluates community programs and resources
- Acts as the point of contact for hospital correspondence (e.g. taking calls on admitted patients, triaging calls for physicians, booking urgent investigations, etc.)
- Assists in the management of inbound patient telephone calls regarding particular topics and services (e.g. immunizations, test results, etc.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing is required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a RN is required
- Current membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) and evidence of liability insurance is required
- Basic CPR certification is required
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience in a community and/or primary care setting
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion, risk reduction and chronic disease management
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evening and weekend work may be required)
- Exhibits an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evening and weekend work will be required)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computer systems, software, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge and experience in the application of electronic medical records (EMR)
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Queen Square Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter (saved in one document and labelled with applicant first and last name) to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following reference in the subject line: RN-062018
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.