Registered Nurse – Central Brampton FHT (Brampton)
October 18, 2017
REGISTERED NURSE – Full Time
The Registered Nurse at the Central Brampton Family Health Team will provide comprehensive primary care services within an inter-professional team based care model providing clinical support to team members, FHT physicians and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to patients within full scope of practice of a registered nurse
- Assessing the health needs of patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions and using current knowledge trends in the community
- Work independently to provide patient care by implementing authorized clinic medial directives
- Collaborate with team members to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate patient care
- Manage INR and Spirometry program
- Manage and control Vaccine inventory (collaborate with Public Health)
- Manage infection control procedures and Health and Safety including identifying clinic needs and inventory record keeping
- To participate in Chronic Disease Management and Prevention programs – Diabetes Management, Hypertension Management, and Geriatric Management (previous experience is preferred).
- To perform immunizations and other injections, venipuncture, and ECGs as required
- Perform Cancer Screening (Pap Tests)
- Dispensing and administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician and or nurse practitioner
The RN will participate in our Chronic Disease Management and Health Prevention Programs. An expertise in one or more CDM programs is preferred. Experience with Spirometry is an asset.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (B.Sc.N)
- Preference given to those with at least two years of nursing experience in a Primary Care setting
- Practical experience in Hypertension, Diabetes and Lung health program management an asset (Spirometry experience preferred)
- Geriatric experience preferred
- Current CPR
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic medical records
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
- Have the ability to act responsibly, accountable, excellent problem solving/critical and thinking skills.
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Tracy Redden, Executive Director, email@example.com, Fax: 905-451-8272
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.