Registered Dietitian (Term)- Bridgepoint FHT (Toronto)
May 17, 2018
Position: Registered Dietitian – 9 Month Contract Temporary Full time
Organization: Bridgepoint Family Health Team (FHT) Diabetes Education Program (DEP)
Reports to: Acting Executive Director
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Bridgepoint Family Health Team
The Bridgepoint Family Health Team (FHT) is located within the East Toronto sub-region of Toronto Central LHIN. We are an inter-professional team comprised of physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, a pharmacist, diabetes educators, a social worker, medical assistants and an administrative team. The FHT is looking to fill a maternity leave position.
Bridgepoint FHT Diabetes Education Program Description
Our Registered Dietitian partners with a registered nurse in our Diabetes Education Program (DEP) to offer team-based programming, ongoing education, support, and resources to people living with types 2 and 1 diabetes, and pre–diabetes. We offer our services to patients of the Bridgepoint Family Health Team, community referrals, patients attending our endocrinology clinic, and to patients of our community partners. We have several satellite locations where we deliver one-on-one diabetes self-management education.
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate diabetes education programming and partnership initiatives. Educational programming may include: group teaching, individual counselling, and other initiatives to support people who are living with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Programming may extend to the patient’s family and support system.
- Develop nutrition and diabetes-related care plans based upon comprehensive needs assessment.
- Develop and evaluate diabetes education, nutritional resources and counselling materials.
- Apply motivational strategies to facilitate behavior change related to diabetes self-management, food choices, and eating behaviours to optimize health.
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential electronic medical record documentation.
- Participate in meetings and educational sessions with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Current registration/membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Prior specialization in diabetes care is an asset
- Certified Diabetes Educators will be given priority
- Experience working in a primary care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives in clinical and health promotion settings
- Experience in applying evidence – informed best practices and clinical practice guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impact of health literacy and the social determinants of health on diabetes self-management
- Experience working within a complex chronic disease framework (multiple comorbidities, polypharmacy)
- Experience with outreach and community-based health care for marginalized populations
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications
The deadline for applicants is:
Please send your cover letter, resume and two references in confidence to: Karen.email@example.com
Karen Chu, Medical Director
Bridgepoint Family Health Team
430 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON, M4K 2N1
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.