Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist – East GTA FHT (Scarborough)
July 19, 2018
Position: Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist (QIDSS)
The East GTA Family Health Team (EGTAFHT) is the lead organization and seeking a Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist (QIDSS) to advance the impact of data and performance measurements within a primary care setting. To support this effort, the partnership requires a skilled QIDSS to work collaboratively with the inter-professional care teams across four family health teams. The QIDSS will assist the family health teams in moving forward with their use of data for reporting and to help guide clinical decision making which may include quality improvement initiatives, patient centered programs and services and other improvement activities.
As a key member of our team the QIDSS responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting partner sites and shares their time equally between Carefirst, East GTA, Scarborough Academic, and West Durham Family Health Teams;
- Review data quality, support teams in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improve the flow and use of information, develop queries and analytical products to support boards and leads in their quality improvement goals and teams engaged in clinical process change;
- Extract health information from electronic medical records (EMRs): Practice Solutions, QHR Accuro, and OSCAR
- Supports Quality improvement decision support capacity building;
- Improves data integrity and comparability;
- Improves data access and use;
- Develops effective working relationships and manages work independently.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience (masters level preferred);
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices; Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for quality improvement;
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience;
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills;
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments and to work independently;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: Sudin Ray, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: September 1, 2018
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.