Project Manager (Term)- Credit Valley FHT (Mississauga)
November 1, 2018
Reporting to the Lead Physician, Credit Valley Family Health Team (CV FHT) and the Director, Physician Engagement, Clinical Integration & Relationship Management at the Mississauga Halton LHIN, the Project Manager will be responsible for operational work and supporting the strategic development related to the development of the Inter-professional Primary Care Team (IPCT) expansion. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate project planning and execute on the vision of the CV FHT IPCT expansion. The Project Manager will work closely with the CV FHT Lead Physician to identify dependencies, maximize opportunities for collaboration, support transactional and transformational change management, identify potential risks and work to mitigate their impact. The Project Manager will be responsible for the site facilities development and design. Leveraging best practices, and building on existing regional, provincial or national approaches, the Project Manager will develop the new model of care to meet the needs of the North West Mississauga (NWM) sub-region while being inclusive of community physicians. The Project Manager will play a lead in recruitment of new allied health staff and engagement of community physicians.
The Project Manager will provide project management expertise and leadership in order to ensure project success. Specifically, the incumbent will develop and implement project work plans (deliverables and timelines); identify risk/challenges and associated mitigation strategies; and conduct regular work plan status reporting (e.g. weekly) with the Lead Physician to monitor progress and inform decision-making.
Date Closed: November 9, 2018
Start Date: as soon as possible
Category: Temporary full-time (6 month contract)
Location: CV FHT at 2300 Eglinton Ave W or 2000 Credit Valley Rd
(frequent travel within Mississauga Halton region)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the project lead for the Inter-Professional Primary Care Team expansion
- Represents the Credit Valley Family Health Team with internal and external stakeholders in the course of project work
- Prepares project plans, activities, budgets, schedules, project documentation and reports on project status to the CV FHT Lead Physician and Director, Physician Engagement (known as Project Leadership) as well as the CV FHT Board
- Provides support to Project Leadership on prioritizing projects based on risks, resources and potential for quality improvement to assist with the operational planning processes
- Facilitates the development of new business processes with subject matter experts and frontline staff as it relates to project work
- Assesses project risks and develops mitigation strategies
- Advises Project Leadership on the viability of existing projects including recommendations on whether to proceed, modify or halt
- Produces project management materials presentations, graphics, and other visuals to interpret and illustrate key concepts/initiatives
- Handles complex project related problems in an expedient and efficient manner requiring professional judgment and latitude for independent action
- Develops and delivers presentations using various visual tools (power point, graphics, etc.) to effectively communicate to various audiences e.g. MH LHIN, CV FHT Board, NWM primary care physicians, CSS agencies, etc.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Project Management and Leadership from South West Mississauga and East Mississauga IPCT to ensure that project planning and programs are regionally aligned and resources are leveraged to fullest extent
- Ensures required program delivery reports for the Mississauga Halton LHIN and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are accurate, outcome-based, and submitted on time.
- Provides ongoing project specific leadership and direction to all project stakeholders including the CV FHT board, Project Leadership, external providers and internal staff
- Identifies project budget requirements, prioritizes, and requests resources through the CV FHT in consultation with Project Leadership; reviews and evaluates project results and implements improvement strategies to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- Supports leadership (i.e. CV FHT Lead Physician and CV FHT Board) in all areas by minimizing risks related to project implementation while enhancing service expectations and accountability
- Develops, fosters, and manages effective business relationships and channels of communication
- Represents the Credit Valley Family Health Team at regional and local project related planning and implementation tables
- Builds relationships with other IPCTs to inform project planning, with priority on relationship development with South West Mississauga and East Mississauga IPCT
- Works in a collaborative relationship with other Family Health Teams, stakeholders and broader system providers and partners in the sub-region, including hospitals, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Mississauga Halton LHIN, community agencies, other primary care providers, local government and provincial agencies, to support population based health care provision
- Participates in health care collaborative initiatives and coordination activities designed to improve the responsiveness of the health care system
- Works with leadership to create programs to support local, provincial and federal government priorities in the lens of population-based health planning for the NWM sub-region
- Develops, and implements an organizational design for the expansion structure and job functions that enables the organization to achieve its mission, mandate and strategic directions
- Analyze the needs of the community and ensure that programs and services will meet these needs
- Define goals and objectives & develop programs and services using a co-design approach with patients, physicians, allied health service providers and community partners that meet the population health needs of the sub-region
- Assists in the development of job descriptions of the positions that will populate the IPCT programs
- Ensure that the appropriate staff recruitment/selection, staff orientation and required training are effectively implemented
- Plan and recommend areas of growth with respect to the information management system for the IPCT expansion
- Scout site options for expansion clinic(s) and facilitate negotiations of related leases or contracts
- Support the design of the physical facilities to meet the needs of the community and stakeholders as identified through analysis of population health
- Assist in developing the budget to ensure space development can be effectively executed within the allocated budget
- Establish, and ensure appropriate insurance policies and coverage for new site(s)
- Evaluate current Quality Improvement Plan to ensure standards or goals support expansion
- Raise the profile and increase knowledge of the NWM IPCT, through internal and external sources
- Create communication plan for internal and external partners including marketing plan for the community to provide information and promote services and the positive value of the MICC.
- Identifies and creates opportunities for new partnerships in the public and private sector that benefit the Credit Valley FHT.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Health Care, Business Administration or related field; a Master’s degree is an asset (or equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience at mid-senior levels at an Ontario health care organization; primary care experience preferred (hospital, Family Health Team, Community Health Centre, etc.)
- Exceptional project management skills to effectively lead a project team to achieve critical project milestones using a formal project management approach
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and success in applying quality improvement methodologies is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of the health care system and community sector across the continuum of care
- Superior communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills to work with a variety of stakeholders and senior leaders across the health continuum
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain excellent partner relationships and enable voluntary collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and obtain subject matter expertise to develop business processes using lean methodology
- Good knowledge of budget planning, resource allocation, financial monitoring and reporting
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated critical thinking with strong detail orientation
- Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or other project planning software and in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.