Primary Care Psychologist (Term, PT) – Family First FHT (Ottawa)
October 16, 2017
Primary Care Psychologist (1 Year Term – 3 days a week)
Family First Family Health Team – Orleans ON
As a fiduciary employee, you will work each day to achieve the Family First Vision
Leaders in providing Innovative, Multidisciplinary, and Collaborative Family Health Care
At work each day you will exemplify the Mission: Care Together
The Family Health Team Adult Psychologist
- Will be fully independently licensed in excellent standing Psychologist in Ontario.
- Will offer individual and group evidence based therapies for a variety of primary care practice issues including but not limited to depression, anxiety, relationships, grief & loss, behaviour change, trauma and personality disorder.
- Will lead the mental health program development efforts, and contribute knowledge to the programs developed by others using best-evidence guidelines.
- Manage an independent case load representing a wide range of scope of psychologically related medical practice.
- Perform diagnostic assessments of primary care patients to support physicians in assessing and treating the mentally ill.
- Support the advancements of the mental health team to achieve evidence-based efficient and excellent mental health care at the primary care level.
- Support a caseload of five booked clinical hours with patients daily.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Are fully bilingual in English and French for verbal communication,
- Have a strong commitment to a collaborative care model and can work in a team effectively,
- Are committed to constantly learn from and teach your colleagues,
- Treat all people with professionalism, courtesy, discretion, and respect,
- Welcome constructive feedback with the intent to always improve the standard of care you and your team provide,
- Are willing to work hard and bring a leadership attitude that is positive, encouraging, and contributes to a positive work environment for all,
- Can be expected to act with grave diligence, reliability and commitment to your work,
- Recognize that health care providers are globally in short supply, and that each one must work efficiently to maximize the availability of care to our community.
Term Position – Maternity Leave Replacement
Term: ASAP – October 2018
Schedule: Tuesday 12:00 – 8pm,
Wednesday 8:30 – 4:30pm,
Thursday 8:30 – 4:30pm.
Compensation: 75 000 – 81 000 for 22.5 hours per week depending on relevant experience and bilingualism.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com