Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (PT) – Family First FHT (Ottawa)
July 28, 2017
Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (Permanent – 4 days a week)
As a fiduciary employee, you will work each day to achieve the Family First Vision
Leaders in providing Innovative, Multidisciplinary, and Collaborative Family Health Care
At work each day you will exemplify the Mission: Care Together
The Primary Care NP will provide:
- 15 minute Advanced Access Appointments to confidently treat patients with minor illnesses including fevers, colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infection, strep throat, ear infection, influenza, pink eye, allergies, stomach bugs/gastro, and musculoskeletal injuries. 45-60% of time
- 30 Minute Comprehensive Preventative Care appointments (Cancer Screening, Immunizations, Sexual Health, Well Child and general health education) 15-25% of time
- Primary Care ADHD – Diagnosis and Management Physician Support –in conjunction with CHEO, and CHEO outreach research (15-20%)
- Family Nutrition Education Series – Infant Feeding, Further elements to be developed and delivered in conjunction with the RD.
- Manage the medical directives for the nursing team to participate in an extended scope of practice. Lead the 7 person nursing team to ensure a safe and productive clinical environment.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Are fully bilingual in English and French for verbal communication,
- Have a strong commitment to a collaborative care model and can work in a team effectively,
- Are committed to constantly learn from and teach your colleagues,
- Treat all people with professionalism, courtesy, discretion, and respect,
- Welcome constructive feedback with the intent to always improve the standard of care you and your team provide,
- Are willing to work hard and bring a leadership attitude that is positive, encouraging, and contributes to a positive work environment for all,
- Can be expected to act with grave diligence, reliability and commitment to your work,
- Recognize that health care providers are globally in short supply, and that each one must work efficiently to maximize the availability of care to our community.
Permanent Position – 5 Days a Week, 40 hour work week,30 min unpaid lunch.
Compensation: 87 000 – 95 000 depending on relevant experience and bilingualism.
To apply to the position please address your materials to Ranyani Perera Executive Director at the email address email@example.com .