Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – Algonquin FHT (Muskoka)
October 31, 2018
Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Full Time Permanent
Living, working, and playing in Muskoka means having the best of everything! Our towns and townships are hubs for business, leisure and recreation activities and our cherished and pristine natural environment is world-renowned. Our family-friendly communities are vibrant and welcoming. All of this makes Muskoka the ideal place to live, work, and play.
Primary care in Muskoka is seeking Nurse Practitioners (NPs) to provide full scope primary health care within the scope of practice and standards of care outlined in The Practice Standard – Registered Nurses in the Extended Class, (College of Nurses of Ontario, 2018). NPs are responsible and accountable for the management of their practice and legally bound by the Standards of Practice outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario (2018).
NPs make clinical assessments, diagnose and manage physical and mental health challenges and disease processes for individuals of all ages, their families, and the communities they live in, both independently and in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners as appropriate.
- Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class.
- Demonstrated evidence of continuing education with emphasis on advanced clinical nursing practice skills related to rural primary health care.
- Ability to problem solve independently, and to consult when appropriate.
- Able to facilitate positive relationships.
- Demonstrated exceptional attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and positive work references.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills as they pertain to the community being served.
Knowledge and Skill:
- A superior level of skill, ability, experience and qualifications.
- Proficiency with personal computers and associated software.
- Additional formal managerial and leadership training would be an asset.
- Impeccable communication skills and a willingness to work collaboratively.
Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement:
- Develops, implements and evaluates quality assurance programs.
- Develops annual primary care delivery goals and objectives.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patient related information as per current Privacy legislation standards.
- Attends professional development conferences and stays up-to-date on current practice guidelines.
- Maintains all necessary qualifications and certifications and ensure all professional standards and legislative requirements are met.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the Emergency Response Procedures, and holds a current CPR certification.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by email to email@example.com by November 30, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.