Primary Care Master’s of Social Work (PT) – Family First FHT (Ottawa)
July 28, 2017
Primary Care Master’s of Social Work (Permanent – 4 days a week)
As a fiduciary employee, you will work each day to achieve the Family First Vision
Leaders in providing Innovative, Multidisciplinary, and Collaborative Family Health Care
At work each day you will exemplify the Mission: Care Together
The Primary Care MSW will
- Use evidence based methodologies to provide patient therapy, and counseling to the roster of patients served by Family First Family Health Team.
- Evidence-based Psychotherapy for Individuals in personal crisis – counseling in relation to depression, burnout, and anxiety.
- Psychotherapy in relation to obesity interventions.
- Family and couples counseling related to marital discord, abuse, and substance abuse
- Support for the elderly patients in finding services that will help them remain in their homes and independent longer.
- Support for the elderly in transitioning to assisted living and long-term care when necessary. Provide Social Work Assessment in conjunction with a Linda Lee Memory Clinic.
- Support for palliative patients in accessing specialized services
- Support for those with Cancer or other debilitating disease to find the community based support services available for them.
- Deliver group programs such as Craving Change, CBT Skills, Stress Management, and others as defined.
- Serve the Mental Health and stages of life programs for families coping with issues related to ADHD, Milestone Delay, Alzheimer’s, offering counseling and service coordination.
- Collaborate with team members to advance program development, team knowledge of evidence based methodologies and standards of care.
- Seek ongoing education to advance your evidence based professional counselling skills.
- Varied full-scope MSW position – lower level social work candidates will not be considered.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Are fully bilingual in English and French for verbal communication,
- Have a strong commitment to a collaborative care model and can work in a team effectively,
- Are committed to constantly learn from and teach your colleagues,
- Treat all people with professionalism, courtesy, discretion, and respect,
- Welcome constructive feedback with the intent to always improve the standard of care you and your team provide,
- Are willing to work hard and bring a leadership attitude that is positive, encouraging, and contributes to a positive work environment for all,
- Can be expected to act with grave diligence, reliability and commitment to your work,
- Recognize that health care providers are globally in short supply, and that each one must work efficiently to maximize the availability of care to our community.
Permanent Position – 4 Days a Week
Tuesday 12:00 – 8pm,
Wednesday 8:30 – 4:30pm
Thursday 8:30 – 4:30pm
Friday 8:30 – 4:30pm
Compensation: 75 000 – 81 000 depending on relevant experience and bilingualism.
To apply to the position please address your materials to Ranyani Perera Executive Director at the email address email@example.com .