Physiotherapist (PT) – Madawaska Valley FHT (Barry’s Bay)
December 19, 2018
Madawaska Valley Family Health Team, Barry’s Bay, Ontario
Job Posting – Physiotherapist
Part-time 0.6 FTE
We seek to recruit a passionate and collaborative individual for the position of Physiotherapist in the newly created Madawaska Valley Family Health Team (MVFHT), located in Barry’s Bay, Ontario.
FHTs are tasked with providing patients with timely access to high-quality, comprehensive team-based primary care in their local community. We are a small, rural Family Health Team (FHT) associated with a group of 6 physicians. We located in an area that has a high burden of chronic disease, low average socio-economic status and is historically under-served for health care services. The Madawaska Valley is known for its beautiful scenery of lakes, rivers and forests characteristic of the Algonquin Park area, ample outdoor recreation opportunities, and a strong sense of community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / TYPICAL DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION:
- Responsible for the delivery of client-centered physiotherapy services
- Provides physiotherapy assessment, goal oriented treatment interventions, client/family education and support to address medical and emotional needs
- Performs as a coach/mentor, consultant and uses sound critical thinking skills to achieve client outcomes and facilitate team functions
- Participates in program planning, continuous quality improvement and evaluation
- Review client clinical information obtained through the physician or IHP referral, laboratory results and health records
- Conduct consultations with clients/family to obtain relevant information and assess client/family learning and needs
- In collaboration with the Family Physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team, develop and discuss appropriate individualized care plan with the client/family/caregiver based on best practice
- Provide ongoing case management for patients
- Document all health notes into the EMR daily and arranged necessary follow up if required
- Prepare quarterly reports and monitor daily statistical data to ensure statistics are reported to the Ministry of Health in a timely fashion
- Actively participate in staff, team and committee meetings, if appropriate
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and in good standing
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends if required
- Professional liability insurance.
- Knowledge of chronic disease management strategies and familiarity within the Champlain LHIN is advantageous
- Able to communicate fluently, verbally and in writing
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Participate in Team activities and attend Team meetings.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years Physiotherapist experience in a Community and/or Primary Health Care setting preferred.
- Team player, demonstrated ability to engage in truly collaborative practice with Inter-professional colleagues both across the FHT, multidisciplinary members and the physician office teams
- Leadership, organization, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft word, excel, outlook and electronic medical records
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures
- Evidence of continuing education, professional and personal development is required
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety laws adhering to safe work practices and procedures established by the MVFHT
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license with own transportation.
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Must be willing to work in nearby communities.
Term of Employment:
- This is a part-time position. Starting date in January 2019.
- Permanent with probationary period of 3 months.
- Competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please forward your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Susan Farrar, MVFHT Executive Director via email at email@example.com on or before January 14, 2019.
The Madawaska Valley Family Health Team is committed to employment equity, diversity and a supportive environment. The MVFHT welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. The MVFHT offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the MVFHT regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.