Physiotherapist – Kapuskasing and Area FHT (Kapuskasing)
November 8, 2018
Physiotherapist – Full time
As a key member of the Kapuskasing and Area Family Health Team (KapFHT), and an integral part of an interdisciplinary health care team, you will deliver Physiotherapy in accordance with FHT policies and professional practice standards. The Registered Physiotherapist will be responsible for Assessment, Treatment planning, Treatment provision-manual therapy, exercise, education, and diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability. Services range from pediatrics to senior.
- Responsible for the delivery of client-centered physiotherapy services
- Provides physiotherapy assessment, goal oriented treatment interventions, client/family education and support to address medical and emotional needs
- Performs as a coach/mentor, consultant and uses sound critical thinking skills to achieve client outcomes and facilitate team functions
- Participates in program planning, delivery, continuous quality improvement and evaluation
- Review client clinical information obtained through the physician or IHP referral, laboratory results and health record
- Conduct consultations with clients/family to obtain relevant information and assess client/family learning and needs
- In collaboration with the Family Physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team, develop and discuss appropriate individualized care plan with the client/family/caregiver based on best practice
- Provide ongoing case management for patients
- Document all health notes into the EMR daily and arranged necessary follow up if required
- Minimum 2 years Physiotherapist experience
- Registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and in good standing
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- Fluency in English and French will be an asset
- Strong collaboration skills to manage service delivery in conjunction with health care professionals, clients, their family members/caregivers and decision makers
- Ability to think critically and be innovative to create/modify strategy or intervention techniques to suit the individuals needs
- Competitive wages (based on experience and qualifications) with comprehensive benefits.
How to apply
Qualified applicants can forward their cover letter and resume by November 30th, 2018 to:
Kapuskasing and Area Family Health Team
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for and interview will be contacted.