Office Manager – Scarborough Academic (FHT) (Scarborough)
June 16, 2017
Scarborough Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT)
2901 Lawrence Avenue East, Suite 101, Scarborough, ON M1P 2T3
Phone: (416) 439-7473 Fax: (416) 439-7475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Available: Office Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Status: Full Time
Salary Scale: $43,184 – $50,184
Location: Position rotates through three offices (Vic. Park & Danforth; 3000 Lawrence at McCowan; 2330 Kennedy at Sheppard); or a new location
Reporting structure: Position reports to Executive Director
Date Posted: Friday June 16, 2017
Closing Date: Friday June 30, 2017
The Scarborough Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT) is a governed by a Mixed Board (Physicians + Community Members). It is a multi-site Family Health Team located within Eastern Toronto using a collaborative model to provide comprehensive primary care for rostered and unrostered patients.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Office Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and appropriate operation of the multi-site SAFHT offices (e.g. reception, financial administration, IT and communications infrastructure, facilities, equipment). The ideal candidate will possess experience in handling a wide range of management, administrative, IT and executive support related tasks as required.
Management and Administrative Accountabilities:
- Scheduling and oversight of the SAFHT receptionists (operating in a distributed call-centre);
- Ensure office environments are appropriate and meet safety requirements;
- Ensure e-mail, network and other communications services are up and running. Make recommendations as needed to improve SAFHT’s IT and communications infrastructure;
- Act as a back-up to Program Manager in EMR troubleshooting;
- Serve as the IT / Telephone point person for all office equipment;
- Maintain/purchase medical supplies, services and equipment in a functional and cost effective manner;
- Responsible for maintaining contract terms and price negotiations with vendors and service providers;
- Responsible for service and occupancy arrangements with other providers and/or partners in a shared office environment;
- Respond to routine enquiries with minimal direction;
- Refer more complex enquiries to ED or others as appropriate.
- Oversee the daily operations of the team;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining office policies as necessary;
- Take on other duties as assigned.
- Administering the SAFHT bi-weekly payroll, reporting and enrollment; and managing the payroll provider;
- Administering the payments to SAFHT’s Benefits Provider for RRSP;
- Assisting in the preparation of cost estimates for budget development, quarterly projections to year end, analysis of variances and reports for SAFHT
- Able to identify and analyze information to give early warning of potential problems and recommend corrective actions;
Contribute to the positive image of the organization. This includes:
- Exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people;
- Maintain a positive job attitude and working relationships with people inside and outside the organization;
- Diplomacy and tact to deal effectively with staff, physician members and the Board, other partners, health system stakeholders and external service providers;
- Keep abreast of major issues affecting FHTs and the key players involved in these issues;
- Uphold SAFHT Policies and Procedures;
- Demonstrate willingness to assist others in a team-oriented environment;
- Flexibility and ability to work in a small team environment;
- Use the most effective and efficient method to fulfill job responsibilities and continue to improve the quality of same;
- Listen attentively, identify key points and prepare well-written, concise meeting minutes.
- Fulfill financial processes knowledgeably and accurately;
- Handle multiple tasks and apply excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required;
- Precision, attention to detail and sound judgment;
- Initiative and independence to take action without requiring a lot of direction and anticipate organizational needs;
- Professionalism and reliability to complete tasks, as assigned, in a timely manner, with high quality results;
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Post-secondary training in business/financial processes and/or office management;
Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective, concise written and verbal communications skills, to write meeting minutes, respond to enquiries and draft brief reports;
- Numeracy and data management skills required to fulfill tasks related to financial management;
- Proofreading and checking skills to ensure accuracy;
- Organization skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Customer service and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, government officials, external suppliers, etc.;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to learn and use other software programs and web-based tools;
- Sufficient knowledge of IT and communications technology to research and work with suppliers to maintain e-mail, network and other communications services for a small office environment;
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems and security.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their applications to the attention of the Hiring Committee at email@example.com by Friday, June 30, 2017. SAFHT would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.