Office Manager – Scarborough Academic FHT (Scarborough)
October 31, 2018
Position Available: Office Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Status: Full Time
Salary Scale: $46,426 – $54,229
Location: Position rotates through three offices (Vic. Park & Danforth; Lawrence at Brimley; Kennedy at Sheppard); or new locations as developed
Closing Date: Monday November 12, 2018 (or until filled)
The Scarborough Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT) is a governed by a Mixed Board (Physicians + Community Members). It is a multi-site Family Health Team located within Eastern Toronto using a collaborative model to provide comprehensive primary care for rostered and unrostered patients.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Office Manager is responsible for ensuring a trusted and respectful operation of the multi-site SAFHT offices (e.g. reception, financial administration, IT and communications infrastructure, facilities, equipment). The ideal candidate will possess experience in handling a wide range of relationship-oriented activities from management, administrative, IT to executive support related tasks.
Overall Management and Administrative Accountabilities
- Manage scheduling and oversight of the SAFHT receptionists (operating in a distributed call-centre);
- Manage financial budget projections with Bookkeeper and ED;
- Manage core supplies and facility issues; Ensure office environments are appropriate and meet workplace safety requirements;
- Manage/Coordinate SAFHT’s Bi-weekly Payroll and Payroll Contractor with Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant;
- Reconcile employee leave collaboratively in SAFHT’s attendance recording system (FHT Solutions);
- Manage/Coordinate SAFHT’s Healthcare Of Ontario Pension Plan contributions with Bookkeeper;
- Responsible for managing contract terms and price negotiations with vendors and service providers;
- Responsible for service and occupancy arrangements with other providers and/or physician partners in a shared office environment;
- Responsible for purchasing medical supplies, services and equipment in a functional and cost effective manner;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining team policies and procedures as necessary;
- Provide effective, concise written and verbal communications, respond to routine enquiries and draft brief reports with minimal direction;
- Refer more complex enquiries to ED or others as appropriate.
- Seamlessly oversee the daily operations of the team with the Program Manager and ED;
- Take on other duties as assigned.
- Ensure e-mail, network and other communications services are up and running across sites. Make and act on recommendations as needed to improve SAFHT’s IT and communications infrastructure;
- Act as a back-up to Program Manager in Telus EMR troubleshooting;
- Serve as the IT / Telephone point person for all office equipment;
- Liaise with telecommunication providers to develop recommendations to improve/invest in IT and communications infrastructure with management team and physician partners.
- Scrupulously administer the SAFHT bi-weekly payroll, reporting and enrollment;
- Meticulously administer payments to SAFHT’s pension Provider – Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), as well as WSIB, medical, vision, dental benefits providers;
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates for budget development;
- Review and sign-off on Bookkeeper developed quarterly projections to year end, analysis of variances and reports for SAFHT;
- Back-up bookkeeper as needed to fulfill financial processes knowledgeably and accurately;
- Identify and analyze information to provide early warning of financial management issues and recommend corrective actions.
Attributes and Skills
- Leadership and the ability to ‘lead and inspire colleagues to help make things happen’;
- Comfortable with the need to participate in transforming local health care;
- Confidentiality, reliability and discretion when dealing with confidential matters;
- Is self-aware and lives the integrity and empathy necessary in a SAFHT manager;
- Completes tasks and delivers on items, as assigned, in a timely manner, with high quality results; using precision, attention to detail and sound judgment;
- Uses professionalism, diplomacy and tact in dealing effectively with staff, Board, physicians, other partners, health system stakeholders and external service providers;
- Possesses solid communication, negotiation and relationship skills; Maintains a positive job attitude and working relationships with people inside and outside the organization;
- Keeps abreast of major issues affecting FHTs and the key players involved in these issues;
- Displays initiative and adaptability; extremely well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a multi-site diverse office in a small team environment;
- Uses the most effective and efficient method to fulfill the job responsibilities and improve the quality of patient care;
- Handles multiple tasks including requests from staff for repairs and maintenance at all SAFHT sites; applying excellent judgment in setting evolving priorities, identifying issues and determining the speed of action required;
- Proactive in not requiring significant direction while anticipating organizational needs.
- IT Skills: Capacity to learn and use evolving software programs and web-based tools;
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems and security.
- Financial Management Skills: Numeracy and data management skills required to fulfill tasks related to financial/budget management.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office 365 Suite in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and One Drive.
- Post-secondary training in business/financial processes and/or office management.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their applications to the attention of the Hiring Committee at email@example.com by Monday, November 12, 2018. SAFHT would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.