Occupational Therapist – North Simcoe FHT (Midland)
November 20, 2018
Occupational Therapist – 1.0 FTE
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) is currently recruiting one (1) Full Time Occupational Therapist to join our team. This position is a vital part of NSFHT and will work closely with our interdisciplinary providers, patients and community partners to achieve the vision and mission of our organization. This position will primarily focus on our new Geriatric Program and will be required to organize, plan and carry out the assessment and care of our at risk senior population.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and delivery of services and are a specialist in disease prevention and community development.
- Conducts assessments, planning, implementation, evaluations and reporting that meets best practice and standards.
- Provides ongoing counseling and education to patients.
- Provides group education and information sessions to facilitate and support patient needs.
- Communicates effectively with healthcare team members and community agencies to create an effective cohesive team and seamless services to the patient.
- Works effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Is guided by the standards and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario in everyday work.
- Completion of Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy, with Master of Science in Occupational Therapy preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists required.
- Membership with The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists required.
- Experience in developing community linkages and relationships.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in primary care setting an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, practices and procedures and good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced primary health care environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral and an ability to interact with a team using various methods with the ability to work independently and in group setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to self-direct and further the promotion of the involved programs.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and decision making skills and advocate for patient needs.
- Ability to work competently with various software programs.
- Basic CPR certification.
NSFHT offers a competitive salary, HOOPP, health & dental package.
Qualified applicants will email a cover letter and resume to:
Tammy Johnston, Executive Assistant at
No later than Friday December 14th, 2018
For more information and to view the job description, please visit our website at
The NSFHT is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.