Nurse Practitioners – North Simcoe FHT (Midland)
November 20, 2018
Nurse Practitioners – 2.0 FTE’s
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) is currently recruiting 2 Full Time Nurse Practitioners (NP) to join our team. These positions are a vital part of NSFHT and will work closely with our interdisciplinary providers, patients and community partners to achieve the vision and mission of our organization.
Our team is expanding its services, and creating a new Geriatric Program, that requires a Nurse Practitioner that can provide support, knowledge and experience while also working with other services.
Also required is a Nurse Practitioner that will provide support to our existing program/service(s), such as same day access and primary care. Other potential programs/services include, well baby, diabetes, lung health/cardiac, and mental health.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide assessments of health, social, financial and health literacy needs of complex chronic disease patients.
- Develop individualized coordinated care plans with the care team and the patient/family that effectively meet the patient’s goals.
- Improve the patient’s ability to manage their complex diseases through self-management education and counselling.
- Offer advance care planning.
- Determine diagnostic and laboratory and imaging tests within the scope of practice.
- Work collaboratively and in consultation with the physicians and specialists.
- Participate actively in the care for patients with complex needs including home visits and participation in case conferences.
- Act as liaison between community care, specialists and primary care as needed.
- Provide full cognitive assessments/dementia screening.
- Participate as a member on the Collaborative Care Group and become involved with other community meetings.
- Demonstrate skills in program planning, implementation, evaluation and research.
- Maintain and develop professional competence through on going professional development.
- Liaise with community agencies as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RN (Extended Class) and in good standing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, practices and procedures and good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced primary health care environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral and an ability to interact with a team using various methods with the ability to work independently and in group setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to self-direct and further the promotion of the involved programs.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and decision making skills and advocate for patient needs.
- Ability to work competently with various software programs.
NSFHT offers a competitive salary, HOOPP, health & dental package.
Qualified applicants will email a cover letter and resume to:
Tammy Johnston, Executive Assistant at
No later than Friday December 14th, 2018
For more information and to view the job description, please visit our website at
The NSFHT is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.