Nurse Practitioner – The Haldimand FHT (Hagersville)
June 14, 2018
Haldimand Family Health Team Employment Opportunity
Nurse Practitioner (s)(NP) up to 0.8 FTE
An exciting opportunity is now available for Nurse Practitioner(s) to work as a member of The Haldimand Family Health Team, serving approximately 12,000 patients in Caledonia, Hagersville and Dunnville areas.
Operating within their full scope of practice, the NP will work co-operatively in a patient-centred model with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team in the promotion of patient health and the prevention of disease.
You will provide clinical assessment, monitoring, education and treatment. You will also initiate and maintain chronic disease management and health promotion programs.
- Current and in good standing registration with College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN-EC (extended class).
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current evidence of liability insurance
- Preference given to those with at least 3 years of practice experience as a Nurse Practitioner, with experience in all age groups. While experience in community and/or primary care setting is preferred, an orientation to primary care will be provided.
- Ability to function independently and in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary health care team.
- Self-directed individual with strong clinical, organizational, interpersonal, assessment and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications. Prior experience and knowledge of OSCAR or an electronic medical record system would be an asset.
- Must have own vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter by one of the following ways:
Mail: Haldimand Family Health Team. 75 Park View Road, Suite 7. Hagersville. ON. N0A 1H0
Please specify the number of hours per week desired.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.