Nurse Practitioner (PT)- Sauble FHT (Sauble Beach)
November 15, 2018
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
3 days per week or 0.6 FTE
Date Prepared: November 13, 2018
Reports to: Executive Director
The Sauble Family Health Team requires a part-time Nurse Practitioner to function as a member of the primary care team with 2 physicians and another Nurse Practitioner, in the provision of primary health care services.
The Nurse Practitioner is to practice within the scope and according to the standards outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario’s “Practice Standards” (www.cno.org).
As a member of the primary care staff, the incumbent reports directly to the Executive Director. The NP will maintain confidentiality and act in an ethical and professional manner, in accordance with professional code of ethics and in accordance with the polices of the Sauble Family Health Team (SFHT).
- Clinical Services – Performs assessments, diagnosis, treatments of general health or symptom directed clinical problems for the full scope of patients within our catchment area. A focus on health on health promotion and wellness is valued and the candidate will provide health education and counselling as per standards of care. Likewise, a solid approach to chronic illness management is required.
- Continuity of care – Manage his/her own roster of patients in collaboration with physicians and specialists. There may be occasion for home visits, if deemed valuable and the candidate will provide on call support with the physicians when necessary. He or she will see patients at the clinic with scheduled and urgent appointments and is expected to work autonomously with consultation as needed. Keeps complete, accurate and timely records of patients visits through EMR and individual consultation if needed.
- Equity and client-centered approach– Works with clients and engages with other services as deemed appropriate including concerned family members and significant others. An awareness of the social determinants of health and the impact on client functioning is crucial.
- Quality Improvement – Participates in quality assurance practices with the team to achieve provincial and SFHT specific targets.
- Teamwork – Work collaboratively within the team and serve as a resource and consultant to administration in decision-making, strategic planning and problem-solving processes.
- Staff Development – Research and promote current best practices and evidence-based guidelines. Seeking and attending professional development opportunities to enhance individual scope of practice. Sharing learning opportunities with the rest of the team.
- Mentoring – Supports and evaluates both medical and NP students.
- RN(EC) license from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of the Nurse Practitioner (NP) Adult or Primary Care Certificate
- Knowledge of Primary Care family practice issues, rural and community challenges
- Completion of the Nurse Practitioner (NP) Controlled Drugs and Substance course
- Five years experience in a combination of hospital or community health settings preferred
Additional Job Requirements
- Satisfactory criminal record search including vulnerable sector screening
- Willing to learn PSS Suite EMR
To apply, please send your compete resume to BOTH of the following:
Thank you for applying for this position. We look forward to speaking with you and arranging an interview if your resume is suitable.