Nurse Practitioner PHC – Mattawa FHT (Mattawa)
December 4, 2018
Full-Time Nurse Practitioner (NP-PHC)
Mattawa Ontario – A beautiful small town surrounded by water, fresh air nestled near the northeast section of Algonquin Park.
The region is a picturesque group of municipalities offering the meeting of the Mattawa & Ottawa Rivers and a variety of magnificent lakes. Mattawa Voyageur Country offers access to over 300 km of Canada’s best multi-use trails for hikers, cross-country skiing, horseback riding ATVing and snowmobiling.
Mattawa is situated along the Highway 17 corridor, in the District of Nipissing. Mattawa is merely 35 minutes east of the City of North Bay.
The Mattawa Family Health Team invites applications for the full-time position of Nurse Practitioner (NP-PHC). As a member of the team, the NP will work within the full scope of primary health care nurse practitioner practices. The NP functions as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the patient plan of care. The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with the physicians of the FHT, the Interdisciplinary Health Practitioners (IHPs) and community services and agencies in the provision of primary health care for patients.
The Mattawa Family Health Team is seeking a highly motivated Nurse Practitioner who:
- Collaborates and consults with the Interdisciplinary team to ensure comprehensive assessment, analysis, treatment planning and evaluation of patient’s care.
- Consults with and refers to other health care professionals and community services as needed.
- Counsels and supports patients and substitute decision-makers and families regarding advanced care planning and consent to treatment issues.
- Participates in the identification, analysis, and interpretation of trends in care in order to assist the healthcare facility, in collaboration with the patients and their caregivers, to determine and address health care priorities and related issues.
- Participates in the identification, analysis and interpretation of trends in client outcomes and professional nursing practice issues in order to determine priorities for educational programming for patients, family, staff and community.
- Liaises with community services and agencies to ensure appropriate utilization of specialized services.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Masters of Nursing.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, and successful completion of the Ontario Primary HealthCare Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN(EC) required.
- Current Membership with RNAO or NPAO and evidence of liability insurance.
- 2 years of experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
- Ability to demonstrate customer focused skills which align with our Vision, Mission and Values.
If you require this information “en Français”, please contact us.
Please forward applications by December 23rd, 2018 to:
P.O. Box 70, 217 Turcotte Park Road
Mattawa, ON P0H 1V0