Nurse Practitioner – London FHT (London)
November 9, 2018
1.0 FTE Nurse Practitioner
The London Family Health Team offers high quality primary health care for its patients in London Ontario. An interprofessional group of health care practitioners, including family physicians, provide health care in an integrated, respectful and holistic environment. The focus of the family health team is on chronic disease management and prevention as well as health promotion. By working collaboratively, the team is able to provide a broad spectrum of primary health care services to its patients to ensure they get the care they need when they need it.
The London Family Health Team is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner to work collaboratively with all members of our multidisciplinary team. You will be located at our Beaverbrook site in North London, but will support physicians at all 3 London FHT sites in the care of patients with complex chronic disease as well as the frail and elderly population including those with dementia.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide assessments of health, social, financial and health literacy needs of complex chronic disease patients
- Develop individualized coordinated care plans with the care team and the patient/family that effectively meet the patient’s goals.
- Provide ongoing case management through interdisciplinary team through review of hospital LENS reports and interventions customized to individual patients needs
- Improve the patient’s ability to manage their complex diseases through self-management education and counselling
- Offer advance care planning
- Determine diagnostic and laboratory and imaging tests within the scope of practice
- Work collaboratively and in consultation with the physicians and specialists
- Participate actively in the care for patients with complex needs including home visits and participation in case conferences
- Act as liaison between community care, specialists and primary care as needed
- Provide full cognitive assessments/dementia screening
- Participate as a member on the Collaborative Care Group and become involved with other community meetings
- Demonstrate skills in program planning, implementation, evaluation and research.
- Maintain and develop professional competence through on going professional development
- Liaise with community agencies as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RN (Extended Class)
- Experience in a Nurse Practitioner role, preferably in a community setting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of primary health care and chronic disease prevention and management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an interprofessional setting, including strong team work
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, organization and communication skills
- An interest and experience in program development and group program delivery
- Proficiency in the use of computer and experience and knowledge with an Electronic Medical Record (PS Suites an asset)
If interested, please forward a letter of interest and your resume no later than
Friday November 16th 2018 to:
Jayne Graham, Executive Director
London Family Health Team
1261 Beaverbrook Avenue
London, ON N6H 0G6
The London Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women aboriginal peoples, member of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.