Nurse Practitioner – Haldimand FHT (Caledonia, Hagersville, and Dunnville)
August 3, 2017
The Haldimand Family Health Teams Inc.
The Haldimand FHT serves approximately 12,000 patients in Caledonia, Hagersville and Dunnville.
Nurse Practitioner (s)(NP) up to 1.0 FTE – Available
Operating within their full scope of practice, the NP will work co-operatively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team in the promotion of patient health and the prevention of disease.
Duties of the NP will be divided into the following broad categories.
- Health maintenance – including the care of at risk populations; wellness exams; pap tests and breast exams; prenatal care; well-baby/child visits and immunizations. Conduct periodic examinations including use of an age/sex specific recommended preventative interventions and risk assessments; home visits for the frail elderly/geriatric patients with multiple medications and administration of immunizations.
- Health Promotion Counselling (group and individual) – Initiate and conduct a broad range of counselling and educational services including birth control, hypertension, and menopause, osteoporosis, sexuality, breastfeeding and parenting.
- Chronic Disease Management – including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular, arthritis, asthma schizophrenia and patients with disabilities.
- Assessment and Treatment of Intermittent Illness – including but not limited to respiratory illnesses, ear and throat, gastrointestinal, genital urinary infections and dermatological concerns.
- Current registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario as a RN-EC(extended class)
- Honed health assessment and clinical skills across the lifespan.
- Knowledge of, and working experience with, computer systems, applications and Electronic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of an interprofessional team within the Haldimand Family Health Team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a primary care environment to the full scope of practice.
For further information or to submit resume: email@example.com
Closing Date: September 1, 2017