Nurse Practitioner (2 Full-Time) | Queen Square FHT (Brampton)
June 27, 2018
||2 Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
||Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
||Community – Family Health Team
||Open until filled
|Anticipated start date:
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
The NP is a key part of the patient care circle and should be comfortable working to their full scope of practice. In addition to assisting with physician-managed care, the NP will also be engaged to provide care and services to patients independent of direct physician involvement. The NP will support patient care and the delivery of programs including but not limited to Palliative, Diabetes management and Geriatric care.
The Family Health Team staff will be working on a schedule that equally meets the needs of the patients and physicians and thus evenings and weekends are expected.
The NP is ultimately accountable to the Executive Director of the FHT.
- Completes health assessments, including a health history and physical examination
- Formulates and communicates medical diagnoses
- Plays a key role in all FHT programs- for example: the geriatrics and palliative programs, supports the registered nurses and physicians to ensure an efficient practice
- Provides acute and episodic care
- Liaise on and collaborate with families and community stakeholders
- Development of care plans and case conferences
- Participates in the development, planning and evaluation of programs and services
- Develops and evaluates educational resources, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Monitors the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illness by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions
- Consults with a physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians, and/or refers the patient to another health care professional
- Works collaboratively with other team members to manage the needs of patients
- Shares results of assessment and intervention with referring physicians and other Team clinicians as requested within a specified timeframe
- Recommends and arranges for specialist referrals and appointments in consultation with physician(s)
- Facilitates referrals to other services as well as communication and networking between the primary care practice and hospital or home care
- Maintains relationships with networks, related professional organizations and other related service providers
- Exercises reasonable care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information related to clients and personnel
- On a rotating basis, provides service at the after-hours clinic
- Undertakes home visits
- Actively participates in staff, team and committee meetings as appropriate to facilitate program development and implementation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Council of Ontario University Programs in Nursing – Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a RN(EC) is required
- Current membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) or NPAO
- Evidence of professional liability insurance
- Basic CPR certification
- Demonstrated experience in a community and/or primary care setting
- Experience or a combination of education/ training and interest in Palliative Care and Geriatrics are required
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion, risk reduction and chronic disease management
- Knowledge of client-centered philosophy, change management, basic principles and practices of community service delivery, short-term treatment options and chronic disease management models
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services
- Works effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Possesses superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable and experienced in working within an electronic medical record system
- Exhibits a desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Exhibits an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evening and weekend work may be required)
- Outstanding multi-tasking ability related to the delivery of efficient primary care
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Queen Square Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the attention of: email@example.com. Please include the following reference in the subject line: NP-062018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone or email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.