MSW Social Worker – OakMed FHT (Oakville)
August 4, 2017
MSW Social Worker – Full Time Permanent
The Oakmed Family Health Team is seeking a Social Worker who wants to be part of our innovative, community-based primary care team. The Oakmed Family Health Team (FHT) is a small, focused inter-disciplinary team of physicians, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Dietician and Social Worker. We provide comprehensive, collaborative primary care to the community of north east Oakville, which is one of the fastest growing urban neighbourhoods in Canada. With a patient population of more than 12,000 there are plenty of opportunities and challenges for the right person.
Working as a Social Worker on our multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Provide therapy to a wide range of patients with mild to severe mental health issues through individual and couple/family counselling.
- Plan, conduct and participate in health care programs for specific patient populations and needs.
- Provide system navigation expertise to assist our Mental Health patients finding access to the appropriate community care.
- Be a resource to family doctors, other allied health professionals, medical residents and other staff.
- Be accountable for your work and contribution within a very flexible working environment.
Your profile will include:
- A master’s degree in Social Work
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and/or the Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Expertise in working with mental health diagnoses such as mood, and personality disorders, concurrent disorders and anxiety disorders
- Experience with delivering specific therapeutic approaches such as cognitive behaviour therapy, substance abuse treatment, brief solution focus approach, etc.
- Experience in assessment and counselling in a primary care setting
- Experience in program development, facilitation and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interest or experience in teaching and mentoring students
- Proficiency with an EMR system for charting
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For more information on Family Health Teams and our team, please visit:
Detailed Job Description & description of current Primary Health Care Programs are available upon request.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
This position will remain open until filled.